It’s hard to imagine what Santa goes through on Christmas eve. According to one source, after all the toys are loaded up his sleigh weighs more than 2 million tons and he has to travel about 1,800 miles every second! With so many homes to get to, it’s important to make sure your roof is in good condition to make for an easy landing when it’s your turn for him to drop off presents! Here are some helpful tips to prepare for Santa’s arrival on December 24th and avoid any future roof damage.
- Visually scan the outside of your home and roof for signs of damage like missing shingles or storm damage. You can also request a free roof inspection from our team and avoid the hassle of doing it yourself!
- Fix any loose tiles or shingles before his arrival. The last thing you want is the reindeer slipping as they come in for their landing.
- Use Christmas lights as a runway to help guide St. Nick – just make sure to only do the perimeter and not directly nail or staple lights onto your shingles as this could cause a roof leak later.
- Make sure to clean your gutters before Christmas Eve. You don’t want reindeer munching on dead leaves and debris while they wait for Santa.
- Make sure your chimney is clean. Show Santa you’re grateful for his visit (and the presents!) with a soot-free fireplace!
- Avoid hanging excessive decorations on your roof. You want plenty of room for the reindeer and sleigh to land and take off, without damaging your festive decor.
- Don’t attempt to remove sleet, snow, or ice from your roof. This is Santa’s natural environment, and the sled is designed to land on wintery terrain.
- Make sure to stay safe when inspecting your roof or hanging holiday decorations. Get tips here.
Keeping your roof in tip-top shape might even put you on Santa’s nice list for next year! Need help with your roof before the big day? Our dedicated staff of roofing professionals will be happy to help you understand your roof’s potential problems and prevent small problems from turning into costly roof repairs this winter. Contact us online or give us a call at (208) 745-9002 today!